Curbside Service at Superior Animal Hospital
The health and safety of our patients, clients, and staff are our top priority here at Superior Animal Hospital. We are open with regular business hours at this time and are following the Center for Disease Control (CDC) regarding the steps we can take to prevent virus spread.
We are providing curbside service for all services and appointments with the exception of euthanasia appointments*. We ask that you follow the following protocols:
- Upon arrival, please call or text us to let our team know that you are here. Our contact information is clearly posted on the hospital windows.
- One of our client service specialists will give you a call back to take your pet's history and/or gain background on the reason for your pet's appointment.
- We will arrange for your pet to be handed off to a member of our staff in our vestibule (enclosed area). ALL pets must be on a leash or in a carrier.
- We will then perform the exam, diagnostics, etc. The doctor will call to go over their findings.
- The doctor's assistant will then go over final recommendations, prescriptions, and answer any questions.
- We will take your payment over the phone. If you are paying via cash or check, we ask that you plan for the correct amount.
- We will then have you pull around to the side lot where our "pick-up" door is and we will return your pet to you.
At this time, we are only allowing staff members in the hospital. You are welcome to wait in your vehicle during your pet's examination or return at a scheduled pick-up time.
*We are allowing a maximum of 2 people during euthanasia appointments as we understand that this is a challenging and emotional time. Please note that we require masks to be worn by all parties entering the building. We do ask that those entering the building be able to answer "no" to the following questions:
- Have you experienced any symptoms of illness in the last 24-48 hours?
- Have you been in close contact with someone suspected of or with a known case of COVID-19?
- Are you currently isolating or waiting on test results of a COVID-19 test?
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this challenging time.