Our veterinary assistants are energetic team members that need to excel at multi-tasking. We hire individuals that are positive, efficient, have excellent communication skills in person and on the telephone, are detail-oriented and can anticipate the needs of the patient and other team members. Veterinary Assistants’ responsibilities include:
- assisting Doctors in appointments and surgery
- animal handling & restraint
- daily treatment of hospitalized patients
- assisting with and monitoring anesthetized patients
- basic radiology and lab work
- client communication and education
- computer and invoicing entry
All hospital positions will require individuals to work varying shifts between the hours of 7:15 am and 8:00 pm Monday-Friday and possible Saturday mornings. Weekend treatment of patients may also be required which may include multiple trips to the hospital Friday evenings through Sunday evenings.
Hours required will depend on the position and the individual hired. Shifts will be discussed and agreed upon by both parties at time of hire.